How I'll be spending my days...

Well, readers, Friday was my last day at work. I have officially been fired for a number of reasons, not all of which were within my control. Clearly, this sucks, but I'm mobilizing myself and I'm on the hunt for something new. And, in the meantime, I will be throwing on the ol' Storm Trooper costume and riding the el to cash unemployment checks.

I did, however, have some warning that this might be coming, so I had actually already started the application process for the Teach for America program. I'm hoping to get placed in the Chicago Public School district, making a difference in the lives of urban youth. Which I suspect will be preferable to making money for a vacuum cleaner company.

So yeah, that's my story; I'm Jobless McGee at the moment. Sigh.

2 comments:

Mitch said...

And yet you resist the siren call of academia?

Mark Brown said...

Sorry to hear it, dude. Totally sucks.

Sweet stormtrooper costume though.