Mikey McG's McMeme

Okay, so Mike over at FoolsCap "tagged" me with a meme, which apparently means I have to participate. I don't know, I'm a Blogger blogger, and I think tagging is a Wordpress thing. So I have to think of the six saddest songs I know and the saddest lines in them. And I think I'm supposed to put a picture of a sad clown with it. Well, the sad clown looks a little like he's giving the "give it to me here in the bushes, bad boy, 'cause I hate myself" look to a guy he's crawling in the park. So I hope I do better with the music. Here it goes:

The Six Saddest Songs I know...and the saddest lines in them

1. Daniel, by Elton John
Oh, and I can see Daniel waving goodbye
God it looks like Daniel, must be the clouds in my eyes

2. Happy Christmas (War is Over), by John Lennon
And so this is Christmas
For rich and the poor ones
The world is so wrong

3. Daddy's Hands, by Holly Dunn
If I could do things over I'd live my life again
And never take for granted, the love in Daddy's hands

4. I Will Follow You into the Dark, by Death Cab for Cutie
If there's no one beside you
When your soul embarks
I will follow you into the dark

5. Tears in Heaven, by Eric Clapton
I must be strong and carry on
Cause I know I don't belong
Here in heaven

6. Big Girls Don't Cry, by Fergie
And I'm gonna miss you like a child misses their blanket
But I've got to get a move on with my life
Its time to be a big girl now
And big girls don't cry

So those are my memetastic choices. Okay? Meme that, Mike!

2 comments:

Mitch said...

No fair using a song about a dead kid. That's ridonkulous!

popcultchick said...

Hey, the theme was sad songs. There was no rule about not reaching for the grotesquely obvious!